Ultima is looking for a new managing and artistic director
Ultima Oslo Contemporary Music Festival has been one of Europe's leading arenas for contemporary music for more than 25 years, and it continues to constantly evolve. The Festival serves as a powerful exhibition of and spearhead for Norwegian contemporary music. Additionally, it is an important meeting place for international stakeholders. Ultima is a collaborative project between 17 professional cultural institutions, and because Ultima's current leader will soon take up another central position in Norway's cultural scene, we are looking for a new
managing and artistic director
The position is a fixed-term post lasting from three to five years with an option to extend. The position will start on 1 October, but it is desirable that the successful candidate attend this year's festival (7‒16 September).
We are looking for a brave and visionary leader with the capacity to further develop the festival through creative programming, active cooperation with the foundation's members and other national and international curators.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsibility for the Festival's artistic program
- Responsibility for further development of the Festival
- Overall responsibility for the Festival’s financial and general operation
- Accommodation for active cooperation with Festival members, Norwegian and international artistic players, as well as authorities and other cooperation partners and actors
- Strong musical background
- Very good overview of Norwegian and international movements in contemporary music and related art forms
- Documented results from festival leadership or similar leadership experience
- Good interpersonal skills and high flexibility
- Administrative experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Broad knowledge in/of both the domestic and international music networks
We require flexibility. But, on the other hand, we are flexible when evaluating a candidate’s suitability.