Job Vacancy: Volunteers Coordinator
Ultima Festival takes place thisyear from 14–23 September. Norwegian and international composers, performers and artists come together to make Ultima one of the world’s biggest festivals of contemporary music.
With a rich and diverse programme of music and sound lasting ten days, the festival is made up of over 50 events, including everything from concerts, dance performances, sound installations, film, theatre and art exhibitions, to activities for children and young people, talks, panel discussions and podcasts. A huge diversity of innovative music can be experienced at venues all over Oslo, both indoors and outdoors.
Ultima Festival is looking for the right person to be our Volunteers Coordinator, leading our team of enthusiastic and engaged volunteers, in a temporary role lasting from May/June to 1 October 2023.
- Recruit volunteers from educational establishments and other sources in collaboration with head producer and communications dept
- Assign volunteers to different productions in consultation with head producer and act as leader in charge of volunteers during the festival
- Look after volunteers, establish and ensure a good working environment
- Plan and carry out the kick-off event and after-party together with head producer, and be responsible for ordering food supplies while the festival is underway
- Reporting and other miscellaneous tasks
Good social skills, enjoy fast paced work and can motivate others to work collectively towards a common goal. You easily adapt to new working methods and tools, are flexible and solution-oriented.
You also work efficiently, independently and in a structured way, and have good skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Job outline: 325 working days divided between May/June and August/September (part-time), moving to full-time from 14 August – 25 September.
The festival itself runs from 14 – 23 September.
The position requires that you use your own mobile and laptop. While the festival is running, long/extended working days are likely.
Please send an application /CV (headed ‘Volunteers Coordinator 2023’) to Head of Production Christel Forsberg email@example.com
In line with our policy on diversity and inclusivity we encourage applications from people of all ages, gender, sexual orientation, religion and ethnic background.
Deadline: 31 March 2023