The course will provide a thorough introduction to the curatorial process, from ideas and concept development to communication, practical implementation, inclusivity and social responsibility. You will meet and learn from experienced curators and mentors. Participants will also be involved in projects relating to the curation of Ultima 2023.
Curating Lab consists of meet-ups which will take place in afternoons/evenings in Oslo in autumn 2022 and spring 2023, run by Ultima Festival. The course will last for one year, beginning in September 2022 and ending after the festival in September 2023. The first meeting is on Tuesday 13 September from 16-20. The remaining course dates will be confirmed in consultation with participants.
What we want from you:
- You have some experience working in the arts and culture, e.g. as promoter, curator, artist, musician, composer or songwriter.
- You are aged between 20 and 35
- Lives in Norway
Ultima aims to encourage social diversity – both in terms of audiences and the people working behind the scenes. We encourage applications from people of different ages, gender, sexual orientation, religion and ethnic backgrounds. The purpose of Curating Lab is to introduce new voices and different artistic styles into the curation of projects within the field of experimental music. With this in mind, we want to put together a group in which different experiences, artistic fields and genres are represented.
As a participant in Curating Lab, you will receive:
- Free admission to the course
- Solid knowledge and experience of curating and developing artistic and cultural events.
- A place on Ultima’s delegate programme – the festival’s guest programme for Norwegian and international curators, artistic directors and press
- New contacts and an expanded network in the world of sound art and contemporary music
- Exciting music and artistic experiences and tickets to concerts and performances at Ultima Festival
- A certificate
Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 452 67 112 is you have any questions or would like more information.
Want to apply?
Send a letter of motivation (ca. 250 words), CV and references to email@example.com. Please include ‘Curating Lab – Ultima 2022’ in the header. Application deadline: 12 June 2022.
Curating Lab is part of the Sounds Now Network with support from the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union